Friday, August 6, 2010

Skirts on Friday - Skirts Abroad!







I don't know where to begin. I have so much to say and so many adventures to report. As it is Friday, I will fall back on my skirts. (One of the things I have learned from this 4skirts project is that it may be boring to wear the same things every day, but it is a bonus when I don't have the energy, desire, or time to put into creative dressing).

I packed a light suitcase and dug through it repeatedly over the course of the month away. The weather ranged from dripping hot to blustery, misty, chill. The scenes went from concrete, urban, chic to country lakes and gardens. With the exception of some shoe problems (of course), I think that, overall, I looked acceptable. My skirts served me well.

I realized on the way home that my year of skirts was about to come to a close - I had almost achieved my goal, I had almost gone a whole year wearing the same 4 skirts (with a few exceptions). I was excited to chuck (maybe burn) the whole pile of skirts and most of my other clothes along with them. I looked at my blog and realized that I still have 16 days left - aaaahhhhhggg!!! Well, I washed everything and got some new tops out of my closet so I don't have to feel so road weary.

I guess I have a few more weeks to figure out who the new me is. Right now, after a month of viewing fashion all over Europe, I have NO idea. More on this later.

(The photos are, from top to bottom: the gothic cathedral in Barcelona, Guell Park in Barcelona; Edinburgh; Lormes France; Bath, England; London, England)

No comments:

Post a Comment