Friday, February 26, 2010

Peace, Love, and Intrique



We all love a little intrigue, don't we? When everything is clear, consistent and predictable we feel secure but we can get bored. A little mystery keeps us on our toes. The trick is to not have the outcome be anything grave or traumatic. I love the British detective series like Inspector Lindley or Miss Marple. It always takes me out of my day-to-day world.

I love surprises and adventures too. The trick is getting small enough doses so as not to overwhelm. It doesn't seem to happen that way though. Maybe it is just me but I feel like things are either practically stagnant, or rushing in like a tidal wave. I try to live in the moment and keep perspective on the importance (or lack of importance) of things. I also try to control the amount of chaos and uncertainty by not taking on too many things. It just seems that once one thing unexpected happens, several more follow.

Is it just the nature of life? Is our culture way too demanding and crazy? I guess it is good to have a foundation of peace and love, and go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment