Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday - Funday!



This is going to be a place for fun, funny, and random things that make me smile! Normally, they will be video clips, songs, products, etc. Today, however, I am so smiley and happy over the fun evening we had last night sending my daughter off to her junior prom! She and her date were good sports and let us take lots of pictures of them.

I helped her search for a dress on etsy, got some ideas for style, hair and make-up, and in the end, we collaborated to create a gorgeous look for the "Alice in Wonderland" themed dance.

We got a used Jessica McClintock dress at an Elks Club dress swap and upcycled it to amazing results! I made the hair fascinator and Mira made the wrist cuffs. We watched youtube videos to learn techniques for hair and make-up, and Mira chose the look she wanted. She wore my vintage pop bead pearls and earrings from Target. I did her mani/pedi, hair and make-up (including false eyelashes). It felt like I was in an episode of Project Runway! We were rushing in the end, but we all kept our heads and had a blast with it!

She came home beaming with a tiara and sash and told us (humbly) that she was shocked to have been voted by her peers as Prom Princess!

I really don't care what Micheal Kors or Heidi Klum think, I felt like it was a stunning success!

1 comment:

  1. Move over Michael and Heidi... Mira looks AMAZING! Such a beautiful girl and what a perfect look for the Alice in Wonderland theme! I love the dress, the hair fascinator is so pretty (nice work Sheila), and the cuffs are so sweet and unique! It's no wonder she won the Prom Princess title! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete