Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Socializing


Sometimes my husband or children accuse me of being anti-social. I think I am just moody and sometimes insecure. When I am feeling bad I know that spending time with friends doing something entertaining is usually the best thing. It is also the thing that seems the most daunting to me. I just have a little hissy fit in my mind that goes like this: I don't want to see those people, they don't really like me, I just want to be left alone. Sometimes I truly do want to be alone because I have had to give of myself so much and I need to recoup. Either way, my friends have always been very important to me I do love seeing them. When the socializing depends on planning ahead, I am sometimes reluctant since I don't know how I will be feeling.

Last week David asked me to go to a department dinner with him. At first, I said "do I have to?" He tried to entice me with gourmet food and a romantic setting but the only thing that convinced me was the prospect of talking with a friend that I don't usually get to see.

So, yesterday, I worked on my Japanese katakana, worked out to my Masala Bhangra video, sewed one of my bags, and got ready to go out. It was a good day ending with a nice dinner and happy catching up.

I wore Zara with a silk shirt that my friend Maureen Fitzgerald gave me as a cast off.

No comments:

Post a Comment