Monday, October 12, 2009

Monday, Monday...


I have been feeling stressed out lately and I can't really put my finger on the cause. I don't really have much to worry about personally, but a lot of people around me and my close friends and family seem to been dealing with difficult things and that is wearing off on me. Health problems, mental strain, work related stress, political differences, even bullying - these are all touching the lives of loved ones and effecting me. I have always said that I have weak ego boundaries. I love that term because it is so visually descriptive and so perfectly describes the way I feel. I think I am like the woman on Star Trek, The Next Generation - the one that was a betazoid.

Anyway, I try to keep clear what are my own feelings and what are those of people around me. I also try to remember that either way, worrying usually does no good. I try to focus on positive, happy things.

Let's try to think of some now:

Red Lipstick
Chocolate Cupcakes
Cats
The Theme song to Sailor Moon and other Jpop songs
Roses that still smell like roses
Puffy clouds
Down Pillows
Hearing my girls giggling in the next room

What things make you feel happy and strong?

I have to go now and study for my Japanese midterm exam that is tomorrow! I have to know how to introduce myself and say my age and my career. Not so easy even in english.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much Sheila, it's fun to be featured with 3FUN!
    Worrying is a waste of time, it doesn't change a darn thing! Good luck in your japenese class!

    ReplyDelete