Monday, August 24, 2009

Day 3 - First Day of School


Sorry about the bad quality of the photo on this one. I wanted to show that I am wearing socks with my skirt. I wonder what the classroom full of 18-20 year olds thought of the one old lady in the class! I think they thought I was the teacher when I walked in! Well, hopefully we will all get to know each other a little as the weeks go by. I was happy that I already knew some of the basics and can recognize the sounds. I think it is going to be a great class!

Oh, I'm wearing my Michele skirt again. Today I wore it with a thin cotton Ann Taylor blouse from about 3 years ago. I was carrying a box to the post office and it rubbed off on my bag and the side of my skirt. So, I will have to use some stain remover on it. Here is a tip: THE BEST stain remover is an old product that comes in a bar of soap - Fels Naptha. Don't take my word for it. Just go to your grocery store and ask for it!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, Sheila is so right about Fels Naptha. I didn't believe it until I tried it. I have a very nice Tibetan wool rug that had a stain on it from our dogs barf.(sorry) My husband scrubbed it for almost 45 minutes. He used detergent from the kitchen, laundry soap etc. I grabbed the Fels Naptha, put a tiny bit on a cloth with water and within 60 seconds the stain was gone! The great thing is, there is nothing harsh or harmful in this product. It didn't hurt the color or texture of the rug at all. It's old fashioned and very good! Nice tip Sheila, everyone should buy a bar and keep it on hand. My mother-in law- uses it to clean up after oil painting.

    ReplyDelete